- One grant application submitted – check.
- Promotion materials approximately 75% complete and will certainly be done no later than Monday – check.
- 4 stacks of things to grade? Not touched, but soon!
- Two more grant apps (one external, one internal) that must be done by Oct.1
- Attempts at a personal life…. moving right along, in fits and starts. The good news is that it’s ok that I’m a workaholic. The annoying news is that the reason that this is ok is that my current One True Love is similarly a workaholic. Will we ever have time to see one another more than once a week? I am hopeful, but not optimistic.
- A student who “hates, like HATES” in a way that is totally upsetting her, James Joyce’s A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. All I can say is that I am kind of proud that she’s hating something even though it’s on a syllabus. Because, frankly, she is a student who twists herself into knots to love anything a prof has assigned.
- My colleagues. MY COLLEAGUES. I can’t even.
Week 4 – Everything Will Totally Be Better by October 1
September 10, 2014 by Dr. Crazy