- April sucks for professors. It’s the most stressful, most fucked-up time. This April is no exception.
- All the stuff in Boston: it’s very weird having called a place home and having all those horrible things happen after one has left. It’s also weird experiencing that weirdness with all the other people you knew then who don’t live there now, because you’ve all moved on. Except for the friends of yours who didn’t. Weird. Also, watching “local” Boston news from my home Not-In-Boston was especially weird. Mainly because even newscasters age.
- I kinda picked a fight with The Dude, except for we didn’t bother fighting. I expressed my problem (albeit passive-aggressively), and he got pissed off at me, but then we just had a conversation and it was fine. Because you know what? We’re really good at talking to each other. That’s worth writing about because I don’t think I’ve ever had that before.
- That said, I kinda picked the fight because he “we”ed me into a family thing of his for tomorrow, and he didn’t ask me, and then I felt all “being a girlfriend freaking sucks” and “who does he think he is” and whatever. Also, what has he done for me lately? But we talked and he got it. He respected my problem. Maybe he’s awesome. Probably.
- I can’t wait until April is over.
A Weird Week, More Than Anything Else
April 20, 2013 by Dr. Crazy