Because where have all the good memes gone? Indeed.
1. What is your favorite part of summer?
You know that part, at the beginning, where the whole thing stretches out before you like summer will never end, and you’ll get all the things done, and where it’s 75 degrees and sunny? Yeah, that part.
2. What’s your favorite quintessentially summer food? Least favorite?
Most favorite? Lebanese tomato salad. This involves: garlic (ideally crushed with mortar and pestle, but diced very very fine can work, too), lemon juice, olive oil, lovely home-grown tomatoes, and mint. Seriously: it’s more than the sum of its parts. Least favorite? Watermelon. I maybe like it once a year if it’s sweet and if it doesn’t have seeds. Generally, though, I am not a fan of watermelon.
3. Best beverage to beat the summer heat:
4. Least favorite/most annoying thing related to summer?
Mosquitoes. Also, the smell of a citronella candle. Yes, I realize that my hates are paradoxical.
5. Pick one: the lake /the beach. Why?
I am from Cleveland, Ohio and I do not understand this question. When you’re from a place with a great lake, your freaking lakes have beaches. I also don’t understand this question because where I live now, I prefer a pool for my day-to-day sun and water needs. More convenient, and less related to brown disgusting water.
6. Most amusing summer vacation trip you’ve ever taken?
7. Most ridiculous/cringe-inducing/blush-provoking summer outfit you have seen? (Bonus points if you yourself were wearing it!)
Dude: shorts that show people’s butt-cheeks. Just, no. FAVORITE summer outfit is anything involving the color that Chelsea Handler terms “summer whore.” Except butt-cheeks shorts.
8. Your absolute dream summer afternoon would be:
Oh, goodness. Well, the first thing that occurred to me is actually a nap on my porch. The awesome thing about this is that I can have that any time I want.