I think it’s garbage when new faculty members are given terrible teaching schedules (or extra-heavy or inappropriate service commitments, or whatever) because the people in charge are too fucking timid to make people with tenure carry their weight. Brand new colleagues should not be shit on so that the rest of us can be comfortable. I don’t care how people try to spin it – it’s wrong.
Don’t Steal My Writing. Plagiarism is for Losers.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- #reverb10 (33)
- Blah blah blah writing blah blah (62)
- Elation (16)
- Food (20)
- Higher Education: A Conversation (8)
- I should be doing work but… (45)
- Introspection (43)
- Moving and shaking (19)
- Pontificating about The Profession (26)
- Reading (8)
- Relationships (39)
- Service (6)
- Shit Professors Do Other Than Teach and Research (12)
- Taking care of business (41)
- Tantrums (19)
- Teaching (78)
- The English Major (1)
- Uncategorized (230)
- Whining (10)
- Work-Related Rage (16)
- Workload (5)
On Crazy’s Agenda
* polish long article that I should have sent off like a year ago and send it off to editor of Fancy Journal.
* draft of Chapter 2.
* revise talk into article and submit it.